Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Mother is Dying

So here is what I would like to try to do:

Step One.

Get water and sand from her favorite beach - the one she has wanted to go to for over a year and has not been physically able to.  Get paint pans. Get a plastic sheet of some kind.

Step Two.

Find her Alabama and Josh Turner and other country CD's and a CD player.

Step Three.

Invite guests (everybody who wants to be there) to her private room.

Step Four.

Have her sedation lowered as much as possible so she can be with us.

Step Five.

Play music. Enjoy friends and family. Stick mom's feet in the sand-and-water-filled-paint-pans-ocean.

Step Six.

Make sure she knows she is loved loved loved loved loved. LOVED.

Alabama Beach Party, go.

I don't get called "party cat" for nothing.  I hope she'll stick around long enough to let me do it.