Friday, July 29, 2011

Mom's Happy Birthday

"I am in love. Smurfs are back. Yay"

That's the text I received from my mom the other day.

Today is mom's 65th. We live pretty far away from each other, so I'm unable to pick her up to take her to see The Smurfs at her local theater. I asked my cousin Stacy if she would mind being me for a day. With my cousin's agreement, I purchased a gift certificate through Fandango which I was able to e-mail to her direct (with my personalized message) from their site. My mom's a stitch in the movie theater. She's one of those people who gasps out loud or tells the characters not to go any further or informs the leading lady that her love interest is "a fucking asshole." Yup, right out loud in the black of the room at the story's climax. I don't think she'll need to tell Smurfette to look out for anyone, but she will no doubt find something to say.

2 comments: