Sunday, April 8, 2012

Wendy 1 Zucchini 1

I spent HOURS yesterday afternoon trying to crisp little slices of zucchini in my oven. After killing 6 zucchinis and burning or making goop of several trays of wanna-be chips, I gave up.

I vented frustration on facebook...and the heavy response was "food dehydtrator!" Now, I've got to say, I am no fan of these bulky kitchen annoyances, but if they're going to help me make healthy chips and widen my menu a bit without throwing me into a carbs spin....well, I'll have a look at getting one.

For today, though, playing it safe with asparagus, notatoes and cracked pepper-rubbed ham.

But, do hear this: I'll get you zucchini, and your little dog, too.

I did not get to church today because the one I love to go to is ultimately too far away. I've been an indecisive mess for too long, though, and wish to find one much, much closer to home so I can be a more committed churchgoer. I don't feel I need to do this to be more committed to God, I just need to have the set-aside time to bask in His presence with my family and a bunch of other imperfect people held together by a thread of love. Same as I can do in any grocery store - only more focused on sharing Divine energy. That's the stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy:

    Bah, I'm no fan of bulky kitchen equipment, either. But zucchini chips sound so awesome! And a bonus: my husband hates zucchini! ;-)

    TEO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you get all the chips to yourself. Nice! I'm still torn over whether to get a bulky dehydrator. Some chefs say just use the oven. I AM QUEEN OF INDECISION.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My neighbor is taking me to church later. Yes, it feels good to be around people who are more focused on sharing Divine energy than purchasing more than 10 items in the express line. Today I ate plain white rice with nothing in it and lettuce with dressing on it...only because I didn't want to eat pizza for the fifth time in five days...ha

    ReplyDelete