Saturday, October 15, 2011

Find-a-Friend

Part of what makes this journey so tough for me is that I don't know too many other people going through it. I do read blogs and often find strangers inspiring, but no one in my immediate life is doing what I'm doing. I have one friend who is exercising and doing really well, but due to budget we can't work out together. I have another who is willing to walk or run with me, but I have to get where I can manage to do so (my time management is horrible right now). ALL THE BUTS IN THE WORLD!!!

I've told Ivana, my nutrition coach, and David, my belief detective, that I'm feeling this loneliness despite getting to blog because I'm kind of in this boat by myself and because I am a highly social person when it comes to this kind of stuff, I think it will help to have a buddy. or buddies. Like a Weight Watchers support group? I like feedback and learning and exchanging ideas and stuff. I was supposed to have a support group with Yourishment but none of the ladies besides me continued past day one - this is a TOUGH diet to manage...so I don't blame them for deciding not to do it...but I am alone.

So, David hooked me up with this link that has people on all kinds of diets and there is bound to be someone like me or who is doing the same kind of work I'm doing - or even better, someone who HAS done the work I'm doing - and maybe I can get some pointers or learn menu ideas or ways to create exercise routines around my NUTTY schedule....just...all of it. I'm going to try it out and see where it leads. Just sayin!

No comments:

Post a Comment