Sunday, March 11, 2012

The best White Food ever

I am on my 3rd day of low carbs. It's tough to get away from them once I get sucked in, but I've been constant in trying to eat enough protein, veg & fat to keep cravings for them and just overall hunger from taking over.

This feels like the most ridiculous diet to ever imagine or attempt...yet I know it works for so many others and it is working for me. My favorite food on this meal plan is: Cauliflower. It can mock so many things, from "tater tots" to mashed potatoes to pizza crust and is incredible. It's my cherished "white food."

½ cup cauliflower (50 grams): 1.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 12 calories.

See what I mean?

I hug it so much.

2 comments:

  1. If it works for you and you feel good, that's all that matters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really does...and i never thought i'd like it ever. now i'm a cauliflower FIEND.

    ReplyDelete