Monday, March 19, 2012

I MADE ZUCCHINI MY BITCH

I have finally learned the zucchini-noodle-making process. I've spent months trying to make proper noodles out of zucchini only to end up with lumpy, but delicious, goopy mess. We still ate it because it tasted good...but tonight...(tonight!) I totally did it right and well.

I didn't know we owned a mandolin, but it is the best invention ever for making zucchini do what you want it to. Yes! :) And it even looked like this when I was finished cooking!

The girls ate and liked it. I paired it with a zesty pasta sauce and made some eggplant parm to go on the side - which they ate up, too. My niece is staying with us for a little while and she's trying new things and not even gagging through it. Win!

2 comments:

  1. Mandolines rock. Happy to hear you have one! Sounds really delicious. (oops, thought i sent this last night, but forgot to enter the code word...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd tried the food processor and it merely shreds where as the mandolin setting makes nice long noodles like pasta that stay noodle-y when cooked. was so good!

    ReplyDelete