Thursday, March 8, 2012

One Successful Day

I am happy to report that I've been low carbin' it for this entire day - successfully so! No drive thru crap for breakfast or lunch. I didn't even get myself something sugary while at the Dunkin Drive thru for somebody else.

I started the day with chicken, tomato & pepperoni breakfast - yes, I did - and proceeded to get groceries, do dishes, clean up the kitchen, get laundry done, talked to mom, called people regarding her business stuff, called her health care people, called her local pastor, and booked interviewees for this weekend's radio show.

And I had the whole day to do it with. I didn't have to crunch it all into four hours of after work crunch time. I. FEEL. GOOD.

I've had to do some uncomfortable things lately...like admit I can't do everything (why do I keep thinking I can?) and slowed myself down a LOT. Tomorrow, I will have a prepared breakfast AND lunch to keep me from getting messed up and to help me navigate past that Island of Drive-Thru Hell that I have to drive by every day to and from work.

I know from my past experience that preparedness is my best help with this stuff and I'm glad I had today to do things that would help me face tomorrow prepared for at least a good eating day.

It's only been one day without carbstuff and, while I still needed a midday nap, I feel...so good. Accomplished. And even energetic a bit. :)