Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Written While Wearing New Clothes

If you haven't already learned of it: Fashion Bug is going out of business. I am bummed because it is my favorite clothing store. They sell clothes that fit my personality (as well as my shape) in a flattering way and for an affordable price. I know they are paired with Catherine's and Lane Bryant online; however, they will soon be gone completely and my life won't be the same without them.

After  I saw signs on the window saying Everything Must Go, I did what any savvy Virgo would. I went shopping! And I bought clothes for my present size and for smaller sizes, too, since I'm going down in number. I brought the store gift cards I get from family members for Christmas and loaded up.

Trying stuff on is always tedious feeling to me. I completely hate doing so in the store, but taking something home that looks bogus on me is something I hate even more, so I try on clothes even if it takes me two hours of playing fashion show in the dressing rooms.

WELL!

I'm down a bra size. And a shirt size. And a pants size.

I haven't even done a lot of hard work since my mother's death in June - really, I haven't had the want to fight the inertia that comes from feeling so lost. I admit I don't have the same appetite I once did, so maybe that makes the difference. I haven't been skipping meals for sure. I do have better stamina for daily activities and extra things that involve a lot of walking and carrying or taking lots of stairs and things like that...I can't honestly account for why the new sizes, but I will take them. Just don't give me any credit please - I didn't do a thing to make it so.

I've only been reducing carbs at breakfast and only for about a week now. It isn't that either. So, I'll give this one to God and the mysteries of the world and just be glad in it. Sincerely glad. A lift like this can help me keep going.