Friday, August 19, 2011

About last night...

Like I mentioned, Hopper did great work on the treadmill last night. We split our time up in 15 minute intervals and I went first. She provided the entertainment by way of Finding Nemo on DVD. We had that to watch to pass the time...but we did a little bit of talking, too.

After the first fifteen minutes of bickering had worn down it was fun to be there with her. She knows every noise and facial expression of every character in the movie. In some parts, her recited lines were louder than the film...and I finally said, "this is why I sing along with the radio even when you ask me not to."

Parent:1 Kid: 0.

She only slowed it down a fraction because she likes to show what she knows and was back to quoting lines again. (Don't tell her I liked it.)

On the treadmill, fifteen minutes goes by pretty quickly when you're used to at least a half hour, so it didn't take a whole lot of mental energy to get the job done. Physically, I was tired, but it was worth getting on there and walking just to spend some time together and feel like we're doing something good together at the same time. She's a fast walker, too! I was impressed with her speed and that she could keep such a pace without sweat dripping from the tips of her bangs into her eyes. I didn't think to ask how she does that, but I will next time.

In all, we spent an hour together listening, chit chatting, walking and watching Dori and Marlon swim around looking for Nemo. I have to do some home walking tonight because I had a lunch date and didn't go to the gym (I cannot eat and then go workout, it doesn't work for me at all.) I don't expect her to want to join me, but we've agreed to do this Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays...and I am really looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment