Thursday, August 4, 2011

So Grateful

When I tell my friends or family that I am writing "a weight loss blog," they find the idea inspiring, cool and want to read along with my progress. I am most amazed that no one reminds me of the several starts and stops I've already been through. No one sighs or rolls their eyes because they remember the last time I started something I didn't finish. No one gives me a grim look and says, "Well...good luck with that." Truth be told, I think those things and it is a wonder that nobody else says them out loud. They must think them, right? I think them.

But, I read the encouraging messages on Facebook or in e-mail or I find supportive comments are already written and waiting for me on this shiny, new blog. You. Give. Such. Comfort.

I'd love to say I'm confident enough about this next attempt to forgo external validation, but I really could not (and perhaps should not) do so. Doing the work and blogging about it feels a little less intimidating knowing you are there.

I was pensive when contemplating whether to include anyone in my progress like this. I probably could do the unknown blogger on the internet thing, but I like your feedback too much. Thank you for loving me.

No comments:

Post a Comment