Saturday, August 6, 2011

Total Fangirl

I want to be a Derby Dame, I want to be a Derby Dame, I want to be a Derby Dame. If I owned a pair of red, glittered skates I would be clicking them together so much. WOW! I had an exciting day. ....Let me get the boring part out of the way first.

Food Log: Saturday 8/6

Wake time: 4:00 AM

11:00 AM/famished!
BIG breakfast of Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit. Water.

2 something PM/slightly hungry (not much)
A couple of bites of pot roast w/veg. Diet Coke.

5:30 PM/could eat
a bite of one of Hopper's mozarella sticks (she got to tide her over til the tournament was over). Coke Zero.

9:00 PM/hungry
1/2 order of Pad Thai from Downtown Thai. Shared coconut ice cream. Water.

Please remember not to make comments on what I eat. I'm reserving that right for Ivana and Barb only for now.

OKAY, SO!

Work was great - but being on the air always is. It's my favorite work to do ever. I went to see Change-Up (Way, too much info in some places. I don't think the script even needed it. A lot of the lines/actions were very very funny, so I don't get why all the boobs and vulgar junk - anyway!) So, yeah, hit the shops for school supplies, saw the movie, then went to the local rink to watch my first ever roller derby tournament and I fell in love.

Realistically, I am in no shape to become one and it would take one good check to make my knee die completely; however, I was cheering and standing and clapping and SO into these bouts you would have thought I was watching the B's in a power play. I think I loved the derby so much because it's got as much action as hockey and there's rar! and fight! and the players have to actually exert effort to succeed.

I am still grinning. I can't stop.

I went to get myself a t-shirt (and I am picky about t-shirts because I dislike the ones with a thick crew neck, but they had a thin v-neck I was happy to see.) so they only had one on the table and I was wary of its size... but I asked if I could try it on over my clothes. It was a tight fit, but a fit no less. When I mentioned it being a little tight, one of the sellers sought her bin of supplies to find me a larger one, but I stopped her.

I told her I'd get it and wear it soon enough. (It wasn't THAT tight) So, now I have a Charlottesville Derby Dames t-shirt and I'll let you know when I'm wearing it to the gym.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen it live, but I used to watch roller derby on TV. Haven't seen it for years, but just thinking about it makes me smile, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can see a match somewhere in New England. :) It was pretty great.

    ReplyDelete