Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Hormones Rule

1. The Hormones Rule.

That's the rule. There's only one. I have been living by the hormones rule for nearly a week and I am having the hardest time trudging through it. What's happened to me? I think it's something to do with the P.M.S. theory and this is a real discovery for me. This is the first time in my life I've allowed myself to think about what throws me off of my diet and exercise plans when I am totally getting in a groove. Normally, I get depressed and ignore previous attempts to get healthy so I can dwell on being miserably NOT healthy. Not this time.

While I did sleep a lot, I didn't food log very much, and I totally skipped every plan for exercise SINCE LAST FRIDAY, I did force my thoughts out of the muck of feeling sorry for msyelf and/or guilty for concealing my downfall from the blog world, I made important mental progress.

The question for me now is "what do I do with this?" Now that I have the information (I'm pretty sure that hormones are the troublemaker). I keep coming to this spot and it keeps happening juuuuuust a week or two before my girl parts remind me I'm a fearfully and wonderfully made woman.  I'm not telling you any of this so you'll track my cycle....but maybe you have some insight. Or maybe you have this problem. It is very destructive to go through this WORK REALLY HARD, GET VERY MOTIVATED, DO, DO, DO and GO, GO, GO mentality and physical hype up only to fall so hard, so fast into what ends up being a complete nosedive.

I lose my energy mentally, physically, spiritually. I gain an appetite that I really don't even have before or after - and believe me when I say I make the most unhealthy, unhappy choices and I don't even care because 1) I feel the need to satisfy a  pregnancy-like craving (remember pregnancy cravings? you can't say no to them!)  2) I just want whatever is most convenient and has either the most salt or the most chocolate. 3) I feel weak. It doesn't matter how much strength I've built up for three weeks prior, I feel completely wiped out. Dead. Can't do more. Nothin.

I can't blame sleep because I nap well enough even though my wake and bed times are funky for most people. I can only blame this hormonal shift...it feels kind of like when the world goes out of alignment. And when the world IS out of alignment, it feels even more confusing.

I'm coming out of the downspin now...and I am taking very seriously the "Now you know." mentality so that if this happens again I can still blog, still stay with you even if I can't seem to stay with my awesome health plans. I do think staying away was my biggest mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment