Friday, August 12, 2011

Like pulling teeth embedded in concrete.

That's how my walk at the gym was! Oh, my God. I went without hesitation or second thoughts (even though I was hungry sans apple and could have easily made excuses to buy something on the way rather than wait to be home.) I felt like I had won already, really. Then I got on the treadmill and kicked that sucker up because the pace felt "lagging" to me....then I proceeded to wipe myself out.

I was just about 2/10 of a mile away from finishing a half when I really needed to pee. (Yeah, well, a fact is a fact.) I tried ignoring that and just kept walking, thinking the need would fade away and I would get to go when I reached the mile.

Then my low back started hurting. WTF. My low back hasn't hurt since like month two of all this (I started this life changing stuff on Valentine's Day of this year.) I was kind of pissed that my back hurt because it hindered the walking, so I punched the speed down to what used to be hard for me but is now kind of a crawl and I kept going. Until I got to the half-mile mark.

I had had it. I was tired. Cranky. Felt completely out of energy. Still had to pee. BLEH. So, I stopped the madness, got off the treadmill, let myself go to the ladies and then walked around a little just to loosen up.

I ended up sitting on a bike and exercised on that for 15 minutes because I had just robbed myself of 15 minutes of treadmill really.

But I really wanted to finish a mile. I was determined. I was tired. I literally felt like I couldn't do it... but I only had a half mile of it to go. I really wanted to finish. So, I got back on the treadmill (with magazines to keep my brain doing something other than letting me think and whine) and I kept the speed low and I walked..and as I felt more comfortable I pushed the speed up some more. A half mile was gone in no time - fifteen minutes - and by the time I was done, I felt GREAT. and tired. and ready for lunch and some down time.

YAY ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment