Monday, August 8, 2011

Heck, Yeah, I Did.

First, the cruddy food log:

Food Log: Monday 8/8

Wake time: 6:20 AM

7:20 AM/so-so
1 packet Carnation instant breakfast with 2% milk

10:40 AM/hungry
peanut butter & crackers out of vending machine. Water.

Exercise: 27 minute mile.

2:30 PM/could eat your house
1 foot long Subway cold cut combo with lettuce, tomato and mayonaise.
1 bag of Funions.
Water.

Nap: 3 PM to 6 something PM.


8 PM
Grocery Shopping (took an hour!)

9 PM/slightly hungry
1 Red Delicious apple, 2 T. peanut butter, 1 c. yogurt (flavored with honey).

Today, when I was deciding to go to the gym, I sat in the car in a parking lot while my head held a debate. I finally said to myself, "Well, what is it you want?" and the real answer was "I want to be super woman and go walk a mile at the gym." That's when I made up my mind to just do it. "And," I added, "I want lunch to be ready for me afterward."

I knew I didn't have groceries at home, so I went to Subway and I so didn't make a Jared choice if you know what I mean. I did learn that I can't let my kitchen get empty of easy-to-fetch, health(ier than I was eating) snacks. Had I brought my apple to work, I would have been much less hungry by the time I got out of the gym - I was hungry well before I even got there - and I wouldn't eat so heavily and then need to sleep so desperately. I know I hate food logging, but it's helping me to see where and what needs improvement.

I'm getting more excited about working with Ivana and Barb on nutrition and stamina-building respectively. Barb is gone for the week to visit her sister so I am hopefully going to surprise her with my progress when she is back to the gym. Soon there will be a woman's group to attend (Ivana is coaching) one morning a week that will (hopefully) make the transitions of more meaningful, more helpful nutritional changes than I am making on my own even easier to do.

 I've managed to stay away from fast food since the start of this blog which was the first behavior change I wanted to make. It's only been a week, right? So I have to keep going and avoiding...I'm trying to make a habit of having lunches at home, even if they're frozen portioned meals. So far, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment